As the cold fades away and the sun begins to shine, some of us start to feel that itch: that urge to purge the excess, organize our spaces, and start fresh for the changing season.
It’s a period of renewal; a chance to freshen up our living spaces and breathe new life into them. And that’s certainly something we all could use after the year we’ve had—when we’ve spent more time at home than ever.
So, this year let’s purposefully strive to set a whole new tone in our homes for spring. Let’s ditch the dark and heavy feeling of winter by throwing open the windows and focusing on the small changes that help make the air—and our spirits—feel just a bit lighter.
New throw pillows in light and bright shades or pretty patterns are sure to make any room feel fresh.
1. I Love Naps Pillow | 2. You Are Loved Pillow | 3. Custom Typewriter Coordinates Pillow
And let’s celebrate all things woven and wicker: like a few new baskets to corral the clutter and provide a dedicated place to store all the things. Or lanterns, accent lamps, and wire cloches for the covered porch.
4. Set of 2 Two-Toned Natural Round Baskets | 5. River Bamboo Baskets | 6. Set of 3 Lanterns | 7. Woven Cane Dome Lamp | 8. Set of 3 Wire Cloches with Wicker Base | 9. Set of 3 Round Baskets
We can also swap our kitchen towels for ones with a bit of color, allowing them to pop and catch the eye as they drape over the sink or hang from the oven door.
10. Measuring Equivalents Flour Sack Tea Towel | 11. Waymaker Flour Sack Tea Towel | 12. Count Your Blessings Flour Sack Tea Towel | 13. Eat More Hole Foods Flour Sack Tea Towel
Let’s bring out all our favorite spring collectables and décor pieces—the ones we never quite know what to do with—and display them proudly atop beautiful wall shelves placed thoughtfully near a window, to catch the morning light. If we love them, let them shine…am I right?
14. Oval Shelf with Brass Finish | 15. Set of 2 Wooden Shelves | 16. Set of 2 Recycled Wood & Metal Shelves
And for sure, let’s bring a bit of the outside in with greenery and flowers, real or otherwise.
17. Artificial Sage Plant with Criss Cross Pot | 18. Set of 3 Navy Ceramic Planters | 19. Peony Bundle | 20. Set of 2 Metal Planters on Stands
While changing things up with the seasons can seem daunting, remember: there’s really no large-scale renovation required. It’s the little things that make a house a home. And it’s the little things—like the flipping of a calendar page—that so often bring new life.
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe for more A Dash of Casual goodness, delivered right to your inbox!