Free Shipping on Orders Over $75! Flat $5 Shipping on Everything Else!
Boho design is, without a doubt, one of the trendiest styles gracing our magazine covers and Pinterest feeds today. Everywhere we look we see light, airy colors and natural wood accents with bold pops of color, macramé wall hangings, and of course...plants on plants on plants!
But with Boho style and farmhouse style seemingly lying on opposite ends of the design spectrum, how do those of us who fully embrace a modern farmhouse or cottage decor style bring a bit of that easy, breezy Boho vibe into the mix?
Well, we start with what we have...and keep it super simple, of course!
Here are five ways to bring Boho style into your modern farmhouse or cottage style home:
1) Add funky accents in neutral tones and colors; because Boho doesn't always mean bright.
1. Cane Stool | 2. Mango Wood Chain Decor | 3. Whitewashed Mango Wood Chain Decor | 4. Beaded Wall Mirror
2) Incorporate greenery with plants and fun textured pots.
1. Deer Fern Bush | 2. Baby's Grass Candle Ring | 3. Hanging Hops | 4. Rainwashed Candle Ring
3) Embrace the eclectic, maximalist side of Boho style by putting those tchotchkes on display...with gorgeous shelving to keep them organized and contained, of course.
1. 3-Shelf Etagere - Available Only In-Store | 2. Five Cubbie Wire Wall Shelf with Hooks | 3. Oval Shelving Unit with Brass Finish | 4. Wooden Shelf with Antique Brass Finish
4) Go big or go home, at least in a place or two; because everybody loves a statement piece!
1. Cotton Velvet Pouf | 2. Large Metal Framed Mirror | 3. Antique Brass & Glass Two Door Cabinet | 4. Large Floral Print
5) Still looking for more? Mix it up with patterned throw pillows or curtains, textured baskets or blankets, or swap that neutral area rug for one with a punch of color.
1. Linen Patch Throw Blanket | 2. Wood Beads - Dark Charcoal with Jute | 3. Love My Cat Kantha Pillow | 4. Large Jute Basket Bag - Black
The name of the game here is relaxed, fun, and easily changeable. And remember: mixing things up every now and then and combining decor styles can be intimidating, but oh-so worth it. Now, go BOHO!
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe for more A Dash of Casual goodness, delivered right to your inbox!